Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 1

I signed on the dotted line and paid for my first gym membership. The facility isn't much, but it has the tools to help me with my body makeover. I went home, changed, and returned for my first real workout in months.

I took it easy and jogged on the treadmill for an hour. This run wasn't about distance or even speed. This jog was about raising my heart rate and reintroducing my body to extended workouts (in relative terms of my current situation). It felt satisfying when I felt my legs buckle when I stepped off the treadmill. I basked in the exhaustion for the simple fact that I had taken that first step. But, I know that there is a staircase in front of me, so motivation is key.

Tomorrow the gym has an Ab class in the morning- hopefully I can make it out!

Day 1 down, many more to go.

XO Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment