Friday, June 1, 2012

Coup de Grâce

Hello there!

My name is Julia Peacock. I am a sophomore Business Information Systems and Geology double major studying at the fabulous Texas Christian University. 

BUT that is NOT what this blog is about. 

Throughout my high school days I was very active- rode my horses daily, played high school and club volleyball, and had a personal trainer through my final year of high school. I stand around 5' 7.5" I weighted around 130 pounds, with lots of muscle. After graduation I stopped playing volleyball. Once I entered college, I stopped riding. I quickly found truth in the freshman 15, but for me it has turned out to be a larger number. 

That being said I am not overweight or obese. I actually did not notice the extra weight at first. I though I just wasn't as fit. I started noticing when my jeans got tighter during second semester, but didn't think much of it. It wasn't until a visit to the doctor for a routine checkup that I realized I weigh 156 pounds, with almost no muscle. 

Fortunately, this has given me proper motivation to rebuild and maintain my fitness. Again- this is not just about losing the extra pounds, its about getting fit and living a healthier lifestyle. Like many women in the country I suffer from acute carblovers syndrome. Pasta, breaded, fried- you name it- I love it. Its not a positive habit. I am a picky eater with a "microwave" and "takeout" style dining plan.  I am an unhealthy eater, and it is becoming physically apparent. Its time to make a change and kick my carblovers syndrome to the curb.

So! This is where my title ties in. Coup de Grâce. In my mind this is not a beginning or a starting point, this is the end. This is the point in which I build and maintain a healthier lifestyle. This is my "finishing blow" to my body as it appears today.

I'll post my workouts, where I am mentally as well as physically, some fun recipes I find, and some motivational quotes  that keep me driven! I hope that if anyone reads this they can find something relatable about my journey or find motivation through me. Feel free to leave comments or contact me with suggestions, motivation, etc. 

XO Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment