Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 2

I went to the ABsolute class, but unfortunately the instructor didn't show up! So I had to improvise. 


I warmed up with 15 minutes on the elliptical, and used Pinterest to try and find a promising and quick ab workout since I had a packed day ahead. I looked over a few links and I was drawn to this one- 


It was called Audrina Patridge’s Ab Workout. I have no idea if this is actually her workout, but I can say it kicked my butt!! The workout consists of 4 moves- Cat Raise, Cross-Legged Lift, Compound Crunch and Offset Bridge. I added some leg lifts for a 5th move. Instead of just lifting, I held my legs at the bottom for a 3 count and then opened my legs and held for another 3 count then brought my legs back together to lift again. (sorry if that is confusing, it is a hard move to explain without pictures!) Anyways I did one set of 20 reps in each of the 5 moves, minimal resting, and repeated again. My abs were killing me, and still are tight even 24 hours after! 


I had a great lunch too! I made herb grilled tilapia over a half serving of brown rice and sweet peas. Eating better can be very tasty. 


It's pretty rainy/wet, but I am going to try and make it out to ride tomorrow and try out a treadmill workout I saw on Pinterest, maybe pair it with some inner thigh exercises. 


XO Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment