Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 6

So yesterday I made a yummy/healthy breakfast for myself and my family! 

I'm a breakfast LOVER! Pancakes, waffles, toast, eggs, biscuits, you name it. Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. BUT, breakfast foods can often be full of carbs (tasty but not always nutritious!)

Eggs are a great way to get lots of protein! So omelets are a yummy way to get lots of protein!  

I made a 4 egg sausage and cheese omelet and shared it with my sister. 

First I browned the sausage in the pan. I put the sausage in as one whole chunk, then quickly chopped it up with my cooking tool and moved it around. That way I didn't have to hand make the crumbles! 
(I used the whole package, that way I have left over sausage crumbles for breakfast burritos next week- mmm!)


After the crumbles were cooked all the way through, I poured the extra crumbles into a glass container and popped them in the freezer. Then I added the eggs-

And in the end a yummy omelet!    

I had never had much success making omelets, but for some reason the stars aligned yesterday! 

Oh! and for my workout I just did the treadmill workout from the last post!
I was so exhausted, but I also came home and helped with come heavy yard work! I can't wait until all out renovations are complete and I can have my pool/backyard back.

XO Julia



No comments:

Post a Comment